Bikini season is nearing, and you’re not ready yet. Don’t worry, with attention to your diet, fitness regimen, and depilation, you can get that body sexy and ready for your bikini and a trip to the beach. Keep in mind that eating right and the exercise required can take a big commitment on your part to get yourself ready. The earlier you start and the harder you work, the better you’ll look when it’s finally time to put on the bikini. However, remember the sexiest trait is confidence, so even if you don’t get the body you want, you should still go out and rock your bikini.
Eat a nutritious diet high in whole grains
Whole grains are those that include all of the original kernel, foods like oatmeal, quinoa, barley, and farro. They are naturally low in fat and an excellent source of fiber. Try cooking a new kind of whole grain for yourself, topped with some steamed vegetables and some baked meat for a nutritious and satisfying meal.
- It is recommended that women 19- to 50-years-old eat 6 “ounce equivalents” of grains a day, with at least half of those being whole grains. If you’re over 50, the recommendation is 5 ounce equivalents.
- An “ounce equivalent” means 1 miniature bagel, 1 small biscuit, 1 piece of bread or toast, 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal, cooked brown rice, or other grain, or 1 small tortilla.
Consume lean proteins
Lean meats are low in fat, and they provide a good source of protein. Some lean meats are fish, white meat chicken or turkey (without the skin), loin cuts of beef and pork, and game such as venison, rabbit, or elk. However, not all lean proteins are meat. Other lean proteins include beans, tofu, and egg whites.
- It is also recommended that women 19-to-30 years old eat 5 1/2 ounce equivalents every day, while those over 30 eat 5 ounce equivalents.
- An ounce equivalent is 1 ounce of meat, 1 egg, 1/2 an ounce of seeds or nuts, 1 tablespoon of a nut butter, 1/4 cup of cooked beans, or a 1/4 cup of tofu.
Get plenty of fruits and vegetables
If you’re trying to lose weight, focusing on fruits and vegetables is a great way to go, since they fill you up on fewer calories. Look in particular for dark leafy greens (kale, spinach), broccoli, beets, berries, apples, and citrus. All of these are full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Women 19-to-50 years old should eat 2 1/2 cups of vegetables every day, while women over 50 should eat 2 cups.
- Of course, these vegetables are mostly measured in cups, with some exceptions. For instance, when eating raw, leafy greens, 2 cups count as 1 cup. Also, you can count 1 large tomato as a cup, as well as 1 large sweet potato. You can also count 2 stalks of celery as 1 cup. However, if you’re going to overindulge in any category, choosing non-starchy vegetables is a good idea. Starchy vegetables include things like carrots, potatoes, peas, and corn.
- Women 19-to
-30 years old should eat 2 cups of fruit each day, and women over 30 should eat 1 1/2 cups of fruit each day.
- Often, 1 piece of fruit equals a cup, such as a small apple, a medium grapefruit, a large orange, a large peach, or a large banana. When eating dried fruit, half a cup counts as a cup serving.
Focus on healthy oils and fats
You don’t want to cut fat out of your diet completely. However, you do want to limit fats and focus in on healthy ones. Vegetable-based oils and fats are generally healthier for you, such as canola oil, olive oil, nuts, avocados, and olives, though oily fish is relatively healthy, too.
- If you’re a women, you’re allowed 6 tablespoons of oils in the 19-to-30 range, and 5 tablespoons in the 30 and over range. If you’re trying to lose weight, you may want to cut back by a tablespoon or two.
- Remember, you’ll be getting some fat from your diet. Fat is in meat, butter, milk, and other dairy, as well as mayonnaise and salad dressings. For instance, here are some equivalents of 1 tablespoon of oil: 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1/2 avocado (medium), 2 ounces of Italian dressing, 1 ounce of nuts, and 1 ounce of sunflower seeds.
Skip the sugar and alcohol
Both sugar and alcohol add empty calories to your diet, and you don’t need that. Be careful when figuring out what in your diet might have sugar. Corn syrup appears in many common processed foods, so check what you’re eating thoroughly. Drink water, not fruit juice or soda, which cuts a large amount of sugar from your diet, if you drink these beverages often.
If you’re eating right and you’re still not getting to the weight you want, eat smaller meals. By consuming fewer calories, your body will typically start shedding the pounds. Be sure to eat enough that you are not feeling faint or unwell. Do not starve yourself because you think it will get you the body size you’re looking for. It’s not worth it.
- Try a weight loss calculator to figure out what how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. You input information such as your weight, height, and activity level, as well as the goal you want to reach, and it tells you how many calories you should eat a day to reach your goal in a specified amount of time.
- Make sure you don’t consume less than 1200 calories a day, as that can be unhealthy.
But don’t mistake bikini season for the only excuse to get into your best shape. Looking great is one thing and feeling good in your swimwear is another. But never neglect your body when you don’t need to show it off, it should serve you well on and off the beach too! If you are ever stuck and need to ask a question feel free to contact our nutritionist Amy Walker who we have available to all our customers for help and advice on eating healthy and looking after yourself.
At www.luxuryswimwear.co.uk we aim to promote healthy eating choices and realistic body goals. We all know we want to look like the bikini model in the picture but we all have different body shapes and sizes which all should be embraced, and to enhance our natural beauty the best thing we can do is look after ourselves in the best possible way.
Just remember that girl in the picture has probably done this too and also had the chance to prepare for a photo shoot to look her best, but that does not mean to say that you cannot do the same.
Come over to www.luxuryswimwear.co.uk to check out our swimwear ranges, we should have something to suit everybody in all shapes and sizes. And if there is nothing there to suit please stay in touch because we are constantly offering fantastic suggestions, health tips and other blogs which you may be interested in. Have a great day everyone!